Tuesday 27 May 2014

Summer Begins

And so the summer has begun and so have some of the personal projects I've started and will keep progressing on for the duration of the holiday. While I have some lined up for later on in the summer I  have 2 large projects running at the moment.

The first of these projects is to actually redo the years work over the summer holiday because it ensures I constantly do work keeping my skills up allowing me to not fall behind. The traditional exercises take me through the principles of art like perspective, line work and rendering/values. I really want to get some of these most crucial aspects of art down during the summer so I can build it up by doing more complex works in the future that rely on the more technical aspects of design work.



So far I have found that I have improved in my quality of work and the speed its produced these are both of critical importance in the creative industry because even if your work is amazing (which it has to be) it doesn't matter at all if you can't produce the volumes needed to flesh out the ideas. In one week I have managed to do five of the projects that we would have been given a week each to complete during the year, whilst still doing the other major project on the side. Iv'e redone the Canal, Archway, 2-Point, Dino Bones and Still Life projects in the time required. I really happy with the improvements I've made and I realise that I am continuing to get better this year.



The other major project for the beginning of the summer is a group project with my fellow students Denzil Forde and Kieren Burke. We are creating a Warhammer 40k level with a team of 4 Orks and 4 Space Marines. We have all been given something to concept and model, I am concepting the ork squad.





Later on in the project I'm going have to model them in 3DS max and sculpt them in Zbrush.

Even though I have done a faire amount of work I still feel like I haven't actually been working hard enough. I know I'm nearly at that level of dedication and I will get there eventually it's just that I'm not there yet. Hey I still have the whole summer to improve dramatically.

No comments:

Post a Comment