Thursday 15 May 2014

20's Chicago: The End Is Nigh part 1 of 3

While I was doing the 3D Project I was also starting and completing the last 2 Visual Design Sections of the course. The first of which is the 1920's Chicago project where you could concept anything you like from Chicago in that time period. Being the silly person I am decided to design an indoor environment which was going to eventually end up as  speak-easy/bar/vaudeville theatre.


I started doing the basic sketches and building it up from there. I also looked into all the types of bar or theatre and the kind of acts, props and characters it would contain. I really enjoyed exploring the options and went for a classy underground bar that would have everything the upper-class would need to survive the prohibition days with plenty of booze and music to enjoy but still have a dangerous feel.




After concepting themes I started doing layout pages to plan in orthographic and the floors so I knew where things would actually go. I then built the actual area in 3DS max and rendered some images that I could use for my finals.


In the end I wasn't happy with my finals because I struggled with them on Photoshop which I seem to be very hit or miss with and need to get it so I'm consistently good. I did enjoy the concepting stage and did a fair amount of work planning the awesome environment which was why it was a shame the finals didn't turn out to my liking. It's a problem that can only be solved through hard work and persistence in the face of failure.


No comments:

Post a Comment