Sunday 20 April 2014

Easter Part 1: Kicking back and doing some work

The Easter Holidays have arrived and to have three weeks off is quite fun especially when the weather has been so very nice. I didn't get my shop job this holiday which means I've had a lot more time to kick, back relax and do some work. I'm quite happy because I have been taking advantage of this time to have a go at redoing some work from earlier this year, with new digital finals for many of the projects.

I kicked off the holiday by having a standard party but as the day carried on I decided much to start painting while my friends were all talking, so I did another Bradgate park paint. I had some trouble with the colour layer on this paint but it was an OK painting that took me two hours. The thing that I am happy with is that this proved I could keep doing work during the holiday.

Throughout the last two weeks I have redone the single point project, 2-point project, the self-portrait project and the guildhall project all with digital and traditional finals. I have also been doing more digital paintings that are mostly redo's of other projects finals. The car project, vehicle project, interesting character project and the reef character project. I also did a self-portrait sculpt to try and increase my understanding of the shape of a head in 3D space.





I have also been doing some pose studies using the people around me but also making use of the fantastic website posemaniacs. These drawings are in a new sketchbook which will be focusing on poses, figure studies, walk cycles and general understanding of shape and form. I am also trying to improve my line work in this sketchbook as well. I will try to get this book filled up before the end of the holiday in my last week. The best part though is that I'm happy that I'm drawing everyday of my own accord when I don't have to which is a good habit to be into and I know that if I keep it up my skills will continue to improve.

Posemaniacs :
http://www.posemaniacs.com/randompose


No comments:

Post a Comment