Monday 6 April 2015

Revisiting the Character Project: Part 1 of 2

It's the Easter break and during this respite from the Off the Map project I have taken the time to build upon some feedback I have received for my work in the Dichotomous Character project I made a while back.

Now if you remember I made some models but if you read post mortem on the project, you would know that I had some issues with my 3D ability during the project, and I focused on workload and LOD's which weren't properly executed rather then a high quality model of one character which is all I had to make.


 I was happy with the concept and while I got good marks for that in my revisit to the project I have decided to change some things. Firstly the older sister was often mistaken for a boy and while that's kind of a good thing because she is supposed to be manly it detracts from the idea that its a punk sister and her cute little sister. I decided to test out some other hair styles to change up the silhouette and while still keeping that alternative theme make the hair slightly longer or in a knot/ponytail to make it seem more feminine.



I also decided to keep with the idea of scratched tights and a skirt or denim shorts. Even though I have chosen skirt I might change back to shorts in the model to keep that more punk quality. I have also changed the colour scheme a bit to be a bit more saturated and also change the contrast in the light on the top of the jacket. I never really pushed that painterly style into my models last time and the bold colour and value changes help to bring the model to life.





I have decided to make only the older sister in a higher poly model (compared to my older ones)
of around 15,000 tris. There will be a 1024x1024 budget of diffuse, normal and specular as before.

No comments:

Post a Comment